This one's pretty significant gang. What we know right now as Toon Disney is only going to exist for another six months. They're changing the channel to "Disney XD" in February 2009 and it looks like it will be a 24/7 channel targeting boys. In some sense, it's kinda like a full-time Jetix channel. Here's the story in the Los Angeles Times:

Disney to target boys with rebranded cable channel

What does this mean for Power Rangers? On the surface, you'd think that PR fits right in to what Disney XD wants to do. But is it really "too old"? There's a good amount of the current Jetix inventory that could seemingly fit on XD. When you consider that all of those mid-day Toon Disney shows (Goof Troop, Recess, Proud Family, Kim Possible, etc.) are going to be gone, that's a lot of hours to fill. They're gonna need SOMETHING to show there. Could it mean a return of PRG? Could it mean they finally dip into the other toku adaptations in the Saban-era library -- Beetleborgs, VR Troopers, etc.?

I'm sure there's much more to come on this and I'll do my darnedest to stay on top of it all.

You are not logged in.

Choose you Language